Patients often suffer with unsightly growths, moles, warts or scars because they are told there is nothing medically that can be done. A certified Dermatologist can treat many of these conditions quickly, easily, effectively and often permanently in the comfort of the office setting. The following is a list of other appearance-enhancing services offered at the Niagara Dermatology Centre—all medical / surgical procedures are done by Dr. Kevin Sloan.
- Removal of cosmetic moles
- Removal of warts
- Removal of seborrheic keratoses (brown warty growths)
- Removal of solar lentigos (brown spots commonly known as sunspots or liver spots)
- Removal of skin tags (small warty growths commonly found on the neck and underarm areas)
- Steroid injections for acne and scars
- Removal of broken blood vessels, cherry angiomas (small red blood vessel growths) and redness associated with rosacea
- Removal of cysts and milium (small white cysts commonly found on the face)
- Cosmetic Consultations—information regarding options for improving the overall appearance of your skin
Many of these conditions are considered non-medical or cosmetic in nature and are therefore not covered by OHIP. During a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Kevin Sloan, the various treatment options for your individual issues will be discussed. If the patient wishes, many of these procedures can be done on the day of the consultation.